This has been a debate for a very long time.
Now the real question is it better to buy ASIC mining rigs like Antminer S9, Antminer L3+ or should a person just set up a GPU mining rig based on NVIDIA and Radeon graphics card?
Before investing in Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Monero, why do you want to invest your time and resources on Cryptocurrency? What good will Cryptocurrency do to you? And the most important question that revolves around your mind is that How much profit are you going to make at the end of the day? Everyone wants to get rich and earn more than ever and since Cryptocurrency is giving them the potential to make it happen, people are indulging themselves in devoting their time and their resources, most importantly their money in buying expensive components required to mine a Cryptocurrency. Now that it’s hard to mine Cryptocurrency with just a normal CPU people are adopting high-end computer systems with heavy graphics and lots of processing power.
To be honest it is still a bit confusing to choose the best possible mining rig to get the mining done and people on the first hand cannot calculate the profit that they are going to have from both ASIC and GPU mining rig. There’s a big difference between the two and just because they both are mining rig that doesn’t mean they will have the same computing power. To know how much profit you’re going to make with GPU mining or with ASIC mining you have to visit this website – whattomine.com.
Once you visit this website, what you need to do is find the GPU tab and there you can manually input the data (hash rate data) of rigs. Then click on calculate and there it will show you a table that shows the rewards you are going to get. You can follow the same procedure if you’re dealing with ASIC:- find the ASIC tab and the. choose the hash rate of your devices. And then clicking on calculate will show you the result of your daily or your monthly reward.
Now that you’ve got the data and the costs of the mining rig or ASIC, you will find the estimated ROI period. But yes, the value is not exactly precise because of the volatility of the Cryptocurrency market the profit could high or fall on a daily basis. Also, there is the network difficulty of the Cryptocurrency you will be mining.
To make thing more complicated, every day, thousands of new rigs appear in the world. Due to this mining gets a little bit tough as well and there’s one more catch – “the profit that you were getting a week ago won’t be the same amount of profit that you’re getting today.”
I’ve listed a few pros and cons of GPU Rigs and ASIC Rigs below:-
The Pros –
GPU Rig pros:
- With GPU Rigs you get maximum availability of video cards – you can buy and assemble a system the way you want to. It is highly customizable.
- There’s a replacement of the video card and the warranty period is a minimum of 3 years on the components.
- You can place it anywhere in your house and it doesn’t heat up a lot.
- If you get tired of mining all day then you can get into gaming. Or you can resell it as the video cards are in great demand as far as a gamer is concerned.
- With GPU Rigs you can mine many cryptocurrencies as the video cards support loads of algorithms.
- You won’t have to assemble them. They are ready to get into mining.
- It is very easy to set up. All you have to do is, turn it on, input your wallet credentials and voila!
- It pays off faster than rigs.
The Cons –
GPU Rig cons:
- You need to very skilled to assemble GPU rig.
- You must know or at least have an idea about the setting, overclocking the video card, installing the Windows.
- Even if you install a ready-to-go Linux distributive like HiveOS, you’d still have to deal with settings in this OS as well.
- It takes up more space than ASIC.
- Last but not the least, the pay off is significantly slower than ASIC.
- There’s a chance that the device from the box might not work properly.
- ACIS has the warranty from China which means there is no warranty at all and including that the shipping is expensive as well. And if one of the components gets malfunctioned you cannot find the parts immediately.
- You can repair it but the repair will put a hole in your pocket.
- There will be a lot of noise coming from the ACIS. The neighbors will be able to hear the noise even if they are three floors away.
- You have to set up a ventilation system and it produces a lot of heat.
- With ACIS miners use only one algorithm and if the algorithm is not an ideal one then you’re going to have to dump the rig in the dumpster.
I hope this answer is a convincing one. Thank You!